Benefits of hiring a lawyer for driving with a suspended license case
If you rely on your car to get to work, school, or to complete daily tasks such as buying groceries or picking the kids up from school, then having your license suspended can be a major hassle. Furthermore, the legal processes after a license suspension charge can be complicated and difficult to navigate for people who are unfamiliar with license suspension laws in NY.
Fortunately, hiring a license suspension lawyer in Nassau County can help you navigate the complexities of the legal system and fight against your charges. Listed below are some of the other benefits of having a license suspension attorney on your side:
- Investigation: A skilled attorney in NY will investigate the details of your case and look for holes in the prosecutor’s argument or mistakes made by the police during the arrest that could help you in court.
- Negotiating a deal: Often, attorneys can negotiate with a prosecutor to reach a plea-bargain deal that is beneficial to you and your family.
- Conditional license: In some instances, an attorney can help you apply for a conditional license that you can use to get to important appointments like work, school, and court.
There’s no denying the benefits that hiring a suspended or revoked license attorney in NY to take your case can have for you and your family. For more information about what steps to take after a suspended license, contact the Law Office of Richard Hochhauser today.
The difference between a suspended and revoked license
It’s important to understand that not every license suspension by the Department of Motor Vehicles is the same. Here are some of the different ways your license can be suspended in NY:
- Definite suspension: This type of license suspension comes with a beginning and end date. After the elapsed period, your license will be reinstated automatically.
- Indefinite suspension: In this case, you will have to complete required tasks such as paying a ticket or completing a rehabilitation program. Once the tasks are completed, your license will be reinstated.
- Revocation: This means your driving privileges have been taken away completely for a period of time. After the elapsed time, you must reapply for a new license with the DMV. You will likely have to pay a license application fee and retake the written DMV and driving tests.
By hiring a skilled license suspension attorney after you have been charged, you can increase the chances of regaining your driving privileges in the shortest amount of time possible.
Defend your driving with a suspended license violation attorney in New York
At the Law Office of Richard Hochhauser, we understand how important it is for you to maintain your driving privileges. That’s why Mr. Hochhauser dedicates himself completely to every case he takes on and will work diligently on your behalf to have your charges reduced, dismissed, or to help you apply for a conditional license in NY. For a free consultation and case review by our skilled driving with a suspended license lawyer in Nassau County, contact us today at (516) 939-1529 or here online.